Over the last decade Colorado has faced
substantial and increasingly complex water related challenges.
- The sources of these challenges are as diverse as the state itself.
- We welcome you to read on to learn more about how water is managed in Colorado
- and, specifically, how water challenges are managed in the South Platte basin.
Did you know that the South Platte basin…
- is home to the Denver Metropolitan area and other several other growing communities which together account for over half of the state’s economic activity?
- contains seven of the top ten agricultural producing counties in Colorado?
- is also home to the State’s most-visited state parks and the eastern half of Rocky Mountain National Park?
Learn more about plans for water in your area and get involved!
Links to key documents:
- Colorado Water Plan South Platte Basin FAQ
- Colorado Water Plan – South Platte Basin section
- South Platte Basin Implementation Plan
- South Platte Basin Implementation Plan Executive Summary
- South Platte Basin Implementation Plan Brochure
- List of South Platte Basin Identified Projects and Processes
- Republican River Basin Factsheet
- Guide to Water Resource Acronyms